Antecedents






They were nothing but geographic accidents
of sporadic nature
with ephemereal permanence:
Useless chimeras
that didn’t mark the scars of the soul,
as they didn’t bless either
the virgin route of my being in essence.
They didn’t perfume with their scent the accent of my name,
or freed from my entrails the sadness and joys
Never did I love
until I saw the reflexion of my lips in your eyes
The dark night of the past
fused by the light of the present
Before you emptyness, death
After you, you alone

Antecedentes

No fueron sino accidentes geográficos
de naturaleza esporádica,
con permanencia efímera:
Quimeras inútiles
que no marcaron las cicatrices del alma,
cuando tampoco bendijeron
la ruta vírgen de mi ser, en esencia.
No perfumaron con su olor el acento de mi nombre,
Ni liberaron de mis entrañas las tristezas y alegrías
Nunca antes amé
hasta ver el reflejo de mis labios en tus ojos
La noche oscura del pasado
fundida por la luz del presente
Antes de ti el vacío, la muerte
Después de ti, solo tú

Comments

Popular Posts